The Student Honor Code Council Office
The Student Honor Code Office leads the University’s efforts to promote academic integrity as well as reduce and control academic dishonesty. The Office seeks to foster an environment that promotes fairness, personal responsibility, and integrity. The Student Honor Code Office has the following core functions:
- Administer the Student Honor Code while ensuring the principles of due process
- Provide assistance to students accused of violations
- Provide assistance to faculty who suspect that academic misconduct has occurred
- Serve as the central office responsible for maintaining records and for coordinating communication, prevention, training, remediation, and adjudication efforts for all cases of academic misconduct at MSU
- Monitor all relevant data pertaining to academic integrity and dishonesty
- Assess the effectiveness of intervention strategies designed to promote academic integrity
- Serve as a resource and consultant to faculty, students, staff, and parents regarding the Student Honor Code expectations and student life
- Coordinate campus-wide programs designed to foster a culture of honesty and integrity
The Student Honor Code Office is passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of students. We truly believe that instilling the values associated with academic integrity is vital to higher education and society. We welcome opportunities to speak with faculty members, classes, student organizations, parents, and individuals about the Student Honor Code.
Please feel free to contact us at any time with questions and concerns.
Welcome to the MSU Bulldog family!
Dr. James Earl Orr, Jr.- Director of Student Honor Code Office
Student Honor Code Council Office
Mississippi State University
2nd Floor YMCA Building
P.O. Box DS
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Mail Stop 9515
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.